Bringing Jollibee’s Banana Langka Pie to New Zealand
Jollibee's Banana Langka Pie Recipe
Banana langka pie is a famous snack in the Philippines and it's being sold by a famous fastfood restaurant. It's one of the things I miss in the Philippines. So to satisfy my cravings, I made one. Although the recipe I did is through baking, you can also fry it if you don't have oven. Try this recipe!
Servings: 20 pcs
- 5 sheets flaky puff pastry sheets cut into 4 pcs
- 7 pcs saging na saba or plantain
- 5 pcs langka or jackfruit
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbs cornstarch for slurry
- Thinly slice saba banana.
- Chop the jackfruit/langka.
- In a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat, add water.
- Add langka.
- Stir, then add brown sugar.
- Add water if needed.
- When the banana and langka is soft and tender, add the slurry.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Using the pastry sheets, wrap the banana langka pie filling.
- Bake at 200C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool, then serve. Enjoy!
For more recipes, please click here.
To see how I made it, check this video. Thank you!