Special Espasol Recipe
Espasol is a filipino rice delicacy that is made of glutinous rice flour, coconut milk and sugar. Those are the basic ingredients. If you want to make it special, add young coconut strings or jackfruit. It will add flavour to it. In this recipe, I added young coconut strings or what we call “buko” in the Philippines.
How to make this special espasol video is also available in youtube.
Easy Special Espasol Recipe
- 400 grams or 3 cups glutinous rice flour
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup young coconut string
- Toast the glutionous rice flour in low heat.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of glutionous rice flour for coating.
- In a separate deep pan over medium heat , pour coconut milk.
- Add sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the young coconut strings.
- Let it simmer.
- Add the remaining glutinous rice flour.
- Stir and mix until well combined.
- Cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Let it cool.
If you like this recipe and wanting more, please check my other recipes here.